Downloading Windows 10 on a Mac with an M1 chip for free is not possible as Windows 10 requires a valid license that needs to be purchased. However, you can use a trial version of Windows 10 Enterprise for free, which is valid for 90 days. To download and install the trial version of Windows 10 on a Mac with an M1 chip, you can follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of Parallels Desktop: Parallels Desktop is a virtualization software that allows you to run Windows on your Mac. You can download and install the latest version of Parallels Desktop for M1 Macs from their website.
- Download the Windows 10 Enterprise trial version: Go to the Microsoft website and download the Windows 10 Enterprise trial version ISO file.
- Create a virtual machine: Open Parallels Desktop and create a new virtual machine by clicking on the “+” sign in the top right corner of the screen. Select the Windows 10 Enterprise ISO file as the installation source.
- Install Windows 10: Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows 10 on your virtual machine. Make sure to select the “Custom” installation option and create a new partition for the Windows installation.
- Activate Windows 10: After the Windows installation is complete, activate it using the product key provided with the trial version.
Once you have completed these steps, you can use Windows 10 on your Mac with an M1 chip for 90 days. Note that the trial version of Windows 10 Enterprise may not have all the features of the full version, and you may need to purchase a license if you want to continue using Windows 10 beyond the trial period.