Cooking whole fish in the oven in foil is a great way to get a delicious, tender and juicy fish without much hassle. Here’s a step-by-step guide to cooking a whole fish in the oven in foil:
- 1 whole fish (such as trout, snapper, or sea bass)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Clean the fish and remove the scales and gut if necessary. Rinse the fish thoroughly and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place a large piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and lightly grease it with some olive oil.
- Season the fish inside and out with salt and pepper, then stuff the cavity with sliced garlic, lemon slices, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle the fish with a tablespoon of olive oil and wrap the aluminum foil tightly around the fish to create a sealed package.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake the fish for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the fish. Check the fish for doneness by inserting a fork or knife into the thickest part of the flesh.
- Carefully open the foil package and transfer the fish to a serving dish. Garnish with more fresh herbs and lemon wedges if desired.
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes and enjoy your delicious oven-baked whole fish!