It is possible to use a dead mobile phone as a CCTV camera, but you will need to use a third-party app and a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Download and install a third-party security camera app such as Alfred or IP Webcam on both your dead phone and a working phone or computer.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on both phones, and connect them to the same network.
- Open the app on the dead phone and select “Camera” or “Start” to begin streaming the camera feed.
- Open the app on your working phone or computer and select “Viewer” or “Watch” to see the camera feed.
- If necessary, adjust the camera settings and positioning to ensure you get the view you want.
- You may want to plug your dead phone into a power source, as running the camera continuously can drain the battery quickly.
- Once set up, you can monitor the camera feed on your working phone or computer, and receive alerts if any movement is detected.
Please note that using a dead phone as a CCTV camera may not be as reliable as using a dedicated security camera. You may also need to keep the phone plugged in and running the app continuously, which can cause the phone to heat up over time.